Ponsanooth Methodist Church
Our mission statement
We exist to:
- know our wonderful, awesome God in a life changing relationship & worship Him.
- know our community, to pray for it & to serve it with lovingkindness, that people might experience God’s love for them & come to know Him personally.
- be a welcoming place/group where, together, we learn how to be disciples of Jesus.
Some information about us
Who We are.
We are a small congregation, soon to become a class of Stithians Methodist Church, but keeping a worshipping presence in our village. We may be a small congregation but we have a Great Big God!
Where we meet & What we do.
We meet at the cafe in Ponsanooth Hall for approx 2 Sundays each month at 10.45am. Our meetings are informal, & all are encouraged to take part, though not compelled!
Our usual pattern of worship is;
- Cafe style all age worship 10.45am 1st Sunday of the month. 10.30am for coffee.
- Either a fellowship service, or led by our minister or local preacher.10.45am 3rd Sunday of the month. Coffee before.
- On other Sundays we meet with Stithians chapel at Stithians.10.45am
- Prayer fellowship on Monday at 3pm, held in a home, which around 50% of our congregation attend, plus some friends from other denominations, who live in the village.
We, like many groups, are trying to pick up our community projects after COVID.
So far we have been involved in setting up a community coffee morning, which provides a place for people to begin to meet together again monthly. Day & times vary
The parent & toddler group, which meets under the umbrella of the church, has restarted on Wednesday mornings, during term time, at the Hall cafe.9.30-11.30am
Our after school club has not, but we are exploring ‘muddy’ or ‘wild’ church, with the hope of providing a place for the families we have connections with to explore the Christian faith together.
Please contact the Minister or Contact Steward regarding funerals and baptisms.